Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Blogging Tip, Publicizing Your Blog



If my best blogging tip is to just write something already, it’s not really worth much if you aren’t letting people know that you’re writing something.  I don’t mean taking ads out on huge websites either.  What I do mean is doing things like:
  • Linking up to blog parties, choose the parties in your niche and be sure to follow the rules (not only is this proper etiquette, you might just get featured as a result).
  • Commenting on other blogs.  Targeting your niche is very important.  Most bloggers don’t have a problem with you including your blog address in the signature of your comment as long as you are sincerely contributing to the conversation.
  • Share every post you write to twitter and Facebook.  I used to do this manually every time I posted something, unfortunately I was also always forgetting too.  Save yourself time and use the Networked Blogs App on Facebook. 
  • Encourage others to share your posts.  Put a Facebook share or like button, a pin it button, or a tweet this button in your post templates if they’re not there already.  And be sure to invite your readers to share your posts by writing something like: “If you enjoyed today’s post I invite you to share it.”
My first blog I just treated like a journal, I was ecstatic to see 1 or 2 footprints on my page (anyone remember Xanga?). Today, traffic is important to me, because quite frankly I do make a little income from ads, affiliate sales, and eBooks.  In addition I also see my writing at Lessons from Ivy to be a very important ministry.

Stats aren't everything, they're not even a real measure of "blogging success" but if you're writing you might as well let others know about it.  

So, how do you publicize your blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment